The Lakeland Route
“Serving today, shaping tomorrow”
The Minneapolis & Northland Railroad Company is a HO scale standard gauge short line railroad located in central Minnesota in late spring 1955. The railroad is an east-west bridge route connecting the GN on east end, CNW at the mid-point, and the MILW on the west end. Towns of Midwest flavor, scratchbuilt buildings, all scenery complete, provide identity. Railroad equipment consists of 1st generation Alco’s EMD, and FM small switchers with company blue, orange, and white separating stripe paint scheme . And, rolling stock, some scratch built, with the M&N private name and herald. The railroad is based loosely on the Minneapolis, Northfield and Southern in design and operation.
Operation consists of a dispatcher recording on a train sheet various passenger and thru freight scheduled trains and extras moving on the mainline. Communication of train movements is done by phone. Trains are made up using a realistic industry demand based system in east end Minneapolis or west end McGregor yards with cars picked up from interchanges or local switched industries via car card system. In addition to east and west end yards: a division point job at the mid-point of the railroad where interchange is pulled, local industries are switched and helps dispatcher setup meets on the mainline and passing siding. A MILW job on the west end of the railroad transfers and picks up cars at the west end M&N yard, switches local industries and moves a coal train over the M&N mainline to power plant on east end.
Crew lounge, refreshment area and restroom are all adjacent to the layout area.
Layout Photos (click to enlarge):
means that the link following will take you off the MINN-RAIL website. We have
no control over the content of these sites, but believe they will be of interest.
Send email to the webmaster with questions or comments about this web site.
Site originally designed by PJWebWorx.
Copyright © 2002, 2003, 2004, 2007 by MINN-RAIL.